Monday, April 25, 2005

Ineffective Pope

So, "Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that he had prayed to God during the conclave not to be elected pope ".

Now, let me get this straight: the dude can't even get G to the O to the D to do him a little favor, but we are supposed to let this guy lead the Church. I don't think so. I mean, seriously, how big a deal is it to get God to help you to not be something? Here, check it out: God, please make it so I am not a Bulgarian wig salesmen, Amen.

And look at me now: no wigs, not Slavic...not that difficult a trick, really.

Now imagine this all too likely scenerio happening in the next year or two with Mister I-would-say-Mass-but-Jesus-told-me-he-was-washing-His-hair-Sunday-morning as Pope:

One day all the faithful come running into the Vatican like "Il Papa, Il Papa! The antichrist, he has come, please do something, get the Lord to save us!"

And Benny goes "Ok, Ok, just gimmy a minute to finish my snitzel..[gulp]....Alrighty, Lord, Lord little help here, don't want to have the world fall into darkness, please help. This is you're voice on Earth calling, over."

But then Jesus is all "No comprende Inglés...cough*putz*cough."

And them Jimmy Carter bursts into the room and is all "MWAHAHAHA!!!! Where's your Messiah now?"

And we're all like "Noooo! If only we had a Pope who was one speaking terms with the Lord!"

And then we're all left in a bunny-less and canal-less world for the 1,000 year reign of Carter, all because we elected a Pope that can't even get God to take his phone calls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home