Thursday, April 28, 2005

Pope Alert - They have spy tech, they know

A Polish priest at the Vatican has been accused of spying on Pope John Paul II for the communists during the late 1970s and 1980s. I managed to get a hold of the private dairy he kept during those years. In it we can see what he was reporting back to the communists:
  • May 17, 1979: Pope is in fact Catholic.
  • October 27, 1979: Pope has lost that New Pope smell.
  • July 22, 1980: They keep talking about this Jesus fellow, but I haven't scene him around anywhere. I believe he is either a master of disguise, or that this is a code name for some unknown power propping up the Vatican (my first instinct is Mondale).
  • May 13, 1981: Pope shot, but still alive - Operation Dumbo Drop** is a failure.
  • April 2, 1982: Ratzinger stole my Eucharist money again during recess...God I hate him.
  • June 17, 1983: Everyone keeps telling me that JP II and I are 2/3 of the way to being able to change the lightbulbs in the Sistine Chapel...I don't get it...
  • March 4, 1984: Arinze smiled at me today during vespers..He's soooo dreamy.
  • September 16, 1984: Ain't nothin' gonna break my stride, Nobody's gonna slow me down, oh no, I've got to keep on movin'.
  • August 19, 1985: I can report with confidence that the Pope has 14, repeat, 14 Divisions.
  • November 12, 1988: Been here 10 years, never once seen Pope poop in the woods.
  • January3, 1989 : Mr. and Mrs. Arinze...Cardinal and Mrs. Arinze...Cardinal and Mrs. Arinze , Esq..Wait a minute, do I--do I dare: Pope and Mrs. Arinze...sighhhhhh

**Very few people know that the attempted assassination of the Pope was the inspiration for the 1995 Disney film.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know which one is more disturbing- an article on Yahoo in which they say the election of Benny 16 is a harbinger of the End of Days, as prophesised by St. Malachy or an article in yesterday's Chicago Red Eye (the mini version of the Chicago Tribune) in which Benny 16 is in a face off against John "Cliff Claven" Ratzenberger to see who is cooler?
-C

1:19 PM  
Blogger BertramWooster said...

I think the fact that Chicago has a paper called "The Red Eye" might be the most disturbing part of all this

2:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

not to get off the papal topic, but the mini Sun Times is called the Red Streak.

Discuss.
-C

2:31 PM  
Blogger BertramWooster said...

so is chicago just full of communists? All of whom like small newspapers?

2:56 PM  
Blogger BertramWooster said...

or is all the red just something to do with the bulls finally making the playoffs?

3:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, the Bulls in the playoffs is a sign of the apocalypse.

Oddly enough, they thought Benny 16 is cooler than Cliff Claven.
-C

4:31 PM  
Blogger BertramWooster said...

but most of what i know i learned from cliff clavin

5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home