Friday, June 17, 2005

Celebrity Wedding

So Tom Cruise proposed to Katie Holmes, which I suppose means that there are soon going to be lots of little Scientologists running around.
I would like to take the opportunity of this engagement to make one thing clear, I'm talking Chair of Peter, Papal infallibility clear:

Devoutly following the writings of a science-fiction author does not make you a deeply religious person, it makes you a trekkie.

Seriously, does anyone want to take bets on whether the wedding ceremony for these two is going to be in Klingon? Or maybe Katie is more of Battlestar Galactica fan and they can dig up Lorne Greene to do the nuptials.

Look, guys, I know that old commercial with the animated volcano and some guy saying "Dianetics by L. Ron Hubbard" in a really deep voice was kind of cool, but it's not like I'm praying to the god Verizon because James Earl Jones does their commercials.

But, really, best of luck to you kids--er kid and middle-aged man. I hope you two have a wonderful 3 months together and a quiet divorce that doesn't do too much damage to either of your careers.

3 Comments:

Blogger BertramWooster said...

See I would have bet on Joshua Jackson, as I assume that Tom is still bitter about not getting the lead in The Mighty Ducks

5:20 PM  
Blogger BertramWooster said...

I mean, he's problably still bitter, right? Quite frankly I'm still a little upset about it....stupid Emilio Estevez.

5:24 PM  
Blogger BertramWooster said...

honestly, if it wasn't for Men at Work I don't think I would have any respect at all for any of the Estevezes (or Sheens for that matter)

5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home