Monday, March 28, 2005

An email from Devin

I just received the following email from Devin and thought it fit to post, as it raises a serious question about the media's role in selecting the next Pope:

Well, Bert, its been several months since the campaign began. Despite long hours of work by you on this site and an ever-growing grassroots effort, I have yet to receive an endorsement for my candidacy for the Papacy from a single major newspaper or television station.

Now, you know me, at first I just assumed that these organizations did not agree with my stances on the issues. As more time has passed and it has become more obvious that there are other forces at work here, however, I have been forced to look beyond my theolotics for a reason for the lack of support from the media. Having thought about this for quite a while, it seems to me that everything points to just one possible reason. I really don't want to bring it up, I'm hardly one to
play PC cards, but it is a question that cannot be avoided when thinking about
the lack of endorsements for the Devin For Pope Campaign:

Is it because I'm a lesbian?

A valid, if uncomfortable, question, and one I think we deserve an answer to from the media.


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you hear anything from the media yet?

5:05 PM  
Blogger BertramWooster said...

No, they appear to be stonewalling

6:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you tried contacting the press yet? Maybe sent out a press release to the wire services or The Onion? Advertise yourself on Craigslist? An ad in the back of a parish bulletin next to the local real estate agent?

9:39 PM  
Blogger BertramWooster said...

I haven't sent a press release out to the wire services. I have been sour on them ever since they ignored my press release about making myself eligable for the NBA draft.

10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home