Friday, March 18, 2005

A question for you - Leprosy

What the hell happened to leprosy? I mean, its all over the Bible and Medieval Europe was apparently nearly drowning in fallen-off ears and noses. Hell, even the US government gave a whole Hawaiian Island to lepers - but now it seems to be completely gone. Puff, no fanfare, no media blitz, just gone.

Did it go the way of small pox, locked up in Atlanta and somewhere in the former Soviet Union waiting for some clumsy micro-biologist to drop a vial and kill us all?

Was Jonas Salk involved?

Or did it retire and I missed it? Was there a tear-filled press conference? Did leprosy announce: "Well, I've had a good run. I feel I've horribly disfigured and killed people at the top of my game for over 2,500 years. I had some good times and some bad. I played against some of the best, even gave Jesus a run for His money, but now its time for me to step aside...Its time for new, young stars like Ebola to get the spotlight and move the league forward"?

I ask you, what the heck happened to leprosy?

Also, while we're at it, why did people stop calling it leprosy? I mean, did someone really hate "Umm-bop" so much that they decided to rename an horrific, flesh-rotting disease after those kids?

1 Comments:

Blogger BertramWooster said...

oh.

5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home